The TRICANTER® Centrifuge
Flottweg’s TRICANTER® is a horizontal decanter centrifuge for continuous separation of 3-phase systems, consisting of two immiscible liquids and a solid material. Flottweg provides a broad range of TRICANTER® sizes, from pilot scale or small production up to industrial scale with capacities of 80 m³/h.
Mode of operation
The TRICANTER® is a counter current decanter centrifuge which consists of a cylindrical/conical bowl with a conveyor scroll inside which rotates at a differential speed. The rotating part is driven by electric motors via belt transmission. Feed enters the bowl through a central feed pipe. Through ports in the scroll body, feed passes into the bowl where separation by centrifugal force takes place. In a TRICANTER® the product is separated into a light liquid phase (such as mineral or olive oil), a heavy liquid phase (such as water) and a solid phase (such as crud, organic residues, etc.). The discharge of the separated oil is done by gravity, while the separated water phase is discharged by an impeller under pressure or by gravity. The separated solids are conveyed by the scroll to the conical end of the bowl and are discharged.
• Solvent extraction crud removal
• Separation of biodiesel, glycerine and triglycerides
• MEA sludge
• Waste slurry from FCC plants (cracker)
• Recovery of oil from oleaginous oil sludge
• Removal of moisture and sludge from oil storage systems
• Recovery of oil from bilge water
• Clarification of fish oil
• Clarification of olive oil